To Be The Ultimate Lightweight Mountaineering and Ice Climbing Boot
The Aurai DFS GTX offers maximum protection and warmth for technical mountaineering and ice climbing at high altitudes. The Aurai is the synthesis of lightness, precision, protection & comfort, allowing you to tackle the most demanding climbs. The Kevlar upper combined with the over-injected Spider Frame provide the needed resistance to impact and abrasion while retaining comfort and mobility. The Vibram Litebase sole cuts weight by 30% and offers stability, grip, and precision even on the most technical terrain. The Aurai is fully crampon compatible for technical mixed routes and glacial travel.
Don't miss a step with the exclusive AKU Dual Fit System (DFS) technology. Simply tighten the second set of speed laces to go from hiking to climbing.
Gore-Tex Insulated Comfort + PrimaLoft
Keep your feet warm & dry in all mountain conditions with the integrated waterproof GORE-TEX Insulated Comfort membrane with added PrimaLoft insulation.
Vibram Croda Litebase – Crampon Compatible
The Vibram Croda Litebase sole is up to 30% lighter than a traditional sole without sacrificing performance. With full crampon compatibility, this gives you the ability to crush the steepest ice with less fatigue.
Dual Fit System
AKU's exclusive Dual Fit System allows for optimal fit and quick customization to give you the confidence and performance you need over the most demanding terrain.
Elica Natural Stride System
Our Elica Natural Stride System ensures an anatomical fit to provide better stability and weight distribution across your boot sole to reduce pressure points and encourage better form and performance.
- Lining Description: Waterproof GORE-TEX® Insulated Comfort + PRIMALOFT Inserts
- Sole: Vibram Croda Litebase Sole
- Footbed: AKU Custom Fit Insole with Aluminum Insulation
- Lasting board (stiffness): 6-4 MM Carbon Fiber, Aluminum, + Die Cut EVA (Fully Rigid)
- Midsole: Double Density Polyurethane
- Upper: Woven Kevlar and Spider Exo Frame
- Upper protection: Rubber Rand & Built-in Gaiter
- Crampons: Step-In, Strap-On, Hybrid
- Resolable: Yes
- Weight: 715 Grams per Boot
- Handcrafted by AKU in Italy