THE GORE-TEX® MEMBRANE IS AN EXCLUSIVE HEAT-SEALED TECHNICAL FABRIC WHICH CONTAINS ABOUT 1.4 BILLION MICROSCOPIC PORES PER SQUARE CENTIMETER.
These pores are approximately 20,000 times smaller than a drop of water but 700 times bigger than a molecule of moisture vapor. So, whilst water droplets cannot penetrate the GORE -TEX membrane, moisture vapor, namely perspiration in gas form, can easily escape. GORE-TEX® has developed 3 specific types of membrane for the footwear sector, each with specific functional properties. All GORE-TEX® products carry our GUARANTEED TO KEEP YOU DRY™ promise.
Ideal for moderate or warmer weather conditions. Exceptional performance in high-output activities and everyday use.
- All-year indoor comfort and outdoor protection.
- Extremely breathable to prevent feet from overheating.
- Optimum heat conductivity and excellent moisture management ensure all-day climate comfort inside the shoe.
- Durable waterproof protection.
Moderate insulation to keep feet dry and comfortable during outdoor
activities in a variety of weather conditions.
- Moderately insulated for changing conditions
- Optimal combination of breathability and insulation keep feet warm and dry, even in unexpected weather
- Durable waterproof protection
Offers a range of insulation options to keep feet dry and comfortable in
cold to very cold temperatures. Designed for the winter, they keep feet
warm and dry all day long, even in rain, snow and ice.
- Various insulation options available, enabling selection of the right
shoe for a particular winter activity
- Optimal combination of breathability and insulation keeps feet
comfortable, never sweaty
- Durable waterproof protection keeps moisture out
Hiking shoes/boots engineered with GORE-TEX® SURROUND™ product technology are designed for outdoor use in moderate to warmer conditions.
They offer enduring waterproof protection and optimum breathability all around the foot. Moisture and warmth also escape through the GORE-TEX®
membrane into the open structure of the “spacer” - and from there out of the shoe via side ventilation outlets. the result is faster sweat removal rate, keeping your feet dry and comfortable even at higher temperatures.